Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cayman Today




Cayman Today 4/17/09


Dolphin Discovery

One of the newest attractions on Grand Cayman is Dolphin Discovery at Boatswains Beach in West Bay.

http://www.dolphindiscovery.com/

For all 3 of my children it was a big hit.

To achieve the best photographs for the 3:00pm swim, take up a position on the ocean side of the tank (aka pool). The sun will be behind you as you face toward the center area where the dolphin will meet with each participant for a short ride. Use a fast shutter speed to insure against blur because the dolphins tend to move fast.

There have been some critics of the attraction objecting the domestication of wild animals. I suppose every point of view has two sides, maybe more if you could ask the dolphin. I don't see any harm in it. I feel the opportunity to interact with these wonderful animals benefits all with a better understanding of the world around us.

Technical info:

Camera: Canon 5D

Lens: 70-200 IS L

Focal length: 200mm

ISO 400

Exposure: 1/10000@F/7.1

To view my portrait collection, visit www.caymanislandportraits.com



This blog is meant to share with you those people, places, and things that I have found in my daily travels. Although portrait photography is my passion I am fascinated with the world around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope you have enjoyed Cayman Today. Love to hear your thoughts.